DAMAGES YOU CAN RECOVER IN A PERSONAL INJURY CASE
In a personal injury case, you are generally entitled to full, fair, and just compensation. The factors that are considered in determining whether you are entitled to full, fair and just compensation, include the following:
- Nature, character and extent of your injuries. This includes the effect that your injuries have had on your physical health.
- Your physical pain.
- Physical impairments. This is, whole or partial loss of function or use of a part of your body, whether temporary or permanent.
- Mental suffering or anxiety. Mental suffering is distress of the mind, and may include frustration, temporary embarrassment or indignity caused by your injuries. Anxiety is worries concerning your injury and pain, including worries about future pain reasonably expected to occur.
- Loss of enjoyment of life. This loss may be caused, to a greater or lesser degree, by a total or partial reduction in activities which once brought you satisfaction.
- Inability to perform usual activities. Your inability to perform your usual activities of life including the inability to engage in the basic mechanical body movements of walking, climbing stairs, feeding yourself, driving a car, cooking, house, and yard work, caring for pets, and so forth.
- Loss of Earnings.
- Hospital and medical expenses. This includes all reasonable and necessary charges for hospital and medical care facilities, doctors, surgeons, psychologists, physical therapists, occupational therapists, and any other reasonable and necessary health care treatment.
- Permanent Injury and Expense. f your treating doctor determines, within a reasonable degree of medical certainty, that the injuries you sustained as a result of the incident are permanent, you can also recover all your future medical expenses.
You may be entitled to compensation and more if you have been injured in an accident. We are here to help you with any auto accident in Columbus, any dog bite incident in Columbus, or a truck accident in Columbus.
Give us a call at 614-486-7070 right away!