What damages are you entitled to in a personal injury case? At the Law Office of Tom Somos, we provide experienced personal injury lawyer services to Columbus, Ohio, and surrounding areas.
Who We Help – We routinely help clients deal with the following injury-related cases:
In a personal injury case, you are generally entitled to full, fair, and just compensation. The factors that are considered in determining whether you are entitled to full, fair, and just compensation, include the following:
- Nature, character, and extent of your injuries. This includes the effect that your injuries have had on your physical health.
- Your physical pain.
- Physical impairments. This is whole or partial loss of function or use of a part of your body, whether temporary or permanent.
- Mental suffering or anxiety. Mental suffering is the distress of the mind and may include frustration, temporary embarrassment, or indignity caused by your injuries. Anxiety is worries concerning your injury and pain, including worries about future pain reasonably expected to occur.
- Loss of enjoyment of life. This loss may be caused, to a greater or lesser degree, by a total or partial reduction in activities that once brought you satisfaction.
- Inability to perform usual activities. Your inability to perform your usual activities of life including the inability to engage in the basic mechanical body movements of walking, climbing stairs, feeding yourself, driving a car, cooking, house, and yard work, caring for pets, and so forth.
- Loss of earnings
- Hospital and medical expenses. This includes all reasonable and necessary charges for hospital and medical care facilities, doctors, surgeons, psychologists, physical therapists, occupational therapists, and any other reasonable and necessary health care treatment.
- Permanent injury and expenses. If your doctor determines, within a reasonable degree of medical certainty, that the injuries you sustained as a result of the incident are permanent, you can also recover all your future medical expenses.
If you are injured as a result of someone’s negligence, it is important that you do the following as soon as possible:
- Take pictures of all of your visible injuries.
- Maintain a diary documenting all of your injuries, pain, impairments, restrictions, and inability to perform activities both at home and at work.
- Do not do phone interviews that are taped by the insurance company until you have consulted an attorney.
- Do not sign a broadly worded written authorization until you have consulted with an attorney.
The best Personal Injury Attorney in Columbus, Ohio is Tom Somos and he will help to get you paid what you deserve!
For more information on our personal injury attorney services for the Columbus, Ohio area, please complete our Consultation Form or call us at 614.488.2270.