As a motorcyclist, you know the meaning of safety. You also know the beauty of the open road. No one likes to think about unanticipated dangers, but the reality is that motorcyclists have to be prepared for the unexpected. If you’ve been injured in a motorcycle accident, it may be difficult to know where to turn. (For a free consultation with our firm, click here for more information).
Let’s begin with the basics.
Hiring Columbus, OH Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
When you are looking to hire a motorcycle accident attorney in Columbus, Ohio, some of the topics you should inquire about include:
- The attorney’s experience and level of expertise in handling motorcycle accident cases as well as the attorney’s litigation experience and trial experience;
- Whether the attorney focuses his area of practice in the area of motorcycle accidents, also ask about the number of motorcycle cases the attorney has handled over his career;
- Whether the attorney handles motorcycle accident cases throughout the state or in limited Ohio counties;
- The verdicts and settlements that the attorney has obtained for motorcycle accident victims;
- The specific method and strategy the attorney uses when filing a motorcycle accident claim and the methods used to efficiently and effectively obtain a successful outcome;
- Whether the attorney has received specific reviews from former motorcycle accident clients and professional colleagues;
- All of the criteria and factors considered under Ohio law to determine the value of your motorcycle accident claim;
- The attorney’s knowledge in the area of motorcycle accident law in Ohio and his or her specific strategies and methods used to maximize an injured motorcycle victims’ personal injury case;
- The jury’s verdicts on motorcycle accident claims in the county where the personal injury originated and what potential juries are awarding for similar claims;
- Whether the attorney is listening to your specific needs and is receptive, compassionate, and genuinely interested in being the best advocate for you;
- Whether the attorney has thoroughly addressed all of your questions and concerns;
- Why the attorney enjoys representing injured motorcycle accident claimants and why he or she specializes in personal injury law; and
- Whether the attorney primarily obtains new cases through attorney referrals, referrals from old clients, or uses television advertising and mass mailings to potential motorcycle accident claimants.
Make an Informed Decision
After discussing these critical issues, you will have a better idea of how the attorney intends to serve you. Remember that you are the customer, and you should not settle for less than the best representation possible. You’ve already been through enough. Choose an ally who will see your case through to the end.